Restless

Lately, I find myself struggling with a restless feeling. It comes on and I throw it off, then take it back again. It’s exhausting . I’m wanting answers, a break from the unknown. Should I take that leap of faith or sit still a moment longer not to miss that perfect plan?
“Peace is a gift that few know how to unwrap”

It’s the classic battle: my mind wrestles with my soul. My brain is very logical, analyzing the possibilities, lacing each one with fear or doubt. But my soul has no room for fear and therefore, doesn’t see it at all. It only knows success reaching out as possibilities. The two can’t agree and so they go to war.

"There is no chance, no fate, no destiny that can circumvent, or hinder, or control a firm resolve of a determined soul."

Days that I “Feed my faith and starve my fear,” I am able to see clearly. My soul takes the lead and peace follows. Did you catch that? Faith is the only language our souls understand, so when we speak its language, it is the key that unlocks peace. Faith is always optimistic. It is always pushing the limits of what we know to a deeper path that it was meant to pursue. Our mind is meant to guard our heart, not trap our soul.


"The soul refuses limits and always affirms an optimism, never a pessimism."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

It seems so simple and it actually it is. The hardest part is getting control of what and how we think. Have you ever noticed that people who are in constant “war” with their souls become sick? It wears on our emotions so much that we literally wear out!

“Diseases of the soul are more dangerous and more numerous than those of the body”. ~Cicero
What makes us restless? Fear of the unknown. Knowing what we have to do, but putting it off. Wanting to fulfill a purpose that we don’t have vision for just yet. The reasons are countless, but the answer is the same. When we’re restless, our soul is sending a signal that it needs to be fed. It is the spirit’s “hunger pains” if you will. Feed it. If you starve it too long, it will weaken and your mind will be the stronger one calculating and developing more fears and walls. Giving logical reasons why destiny, passions and dreams won’t work.

“Encouragement is the oxygen of the soul.”